Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2006 02:23:19 +0100
From:      Fluffles <etc@fluffles.net>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Updated gjournal patches [20061024].

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 03:25:42PM +0200, Fluffles wrote:
>
>> Addendum: i tried gjournal on a single disk now without any GEOM layers
>> on it, but it still crashes with the same error.
>>

> It was bug in debug code I accidentally left in the patch.

Hi Pawel,

Is the bug already fixed? Because the latest patchset still have the
'old' date of 24 October:
gjournal_20061024.patch        24-Oct-2006 15:17   185k

Maybe you have newer patches somewhere else, could you provide a link if so?

I'm currently working on an extensive review of most geom classes and
will incorporate the results into a big article with many benchmarks and
comparisons. It would be nice if gjournal could be included in this
article. Also, i would like to test your ZFS/RAID-Z patchset and compare
it to graid5. My two test fileservers do not have any valuable
information and have 8*250GB SATA drives, so this makes it excellent for
testing. Also i've created many benchmark / battle testing scripts which
might show advantages and disadvantages of several implementations. It
also reveiled bugs in the current VFS-implementation, which caused geom
stalls/crashes in both 6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT, otherwise not reveiled
with normal load/usage.

If you're interested, drop me a line and i can start testing in a few
days! If you like, i can also arrange SSH access for you to the box.

Greetings,

Veronica