Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:32:07 -0700
From:      "Edward Sanford Sutton, III" <mirror176@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trouble porting with dependencies needing a non-default java

  If this is the wrong place to ask any of these questions, guidance is
appreciated.
  I am trying to port replicatorg which to function properly needs >=1.6b23. I
tried setting JAVA_VENDOR=openjdk within the port makefile and it checks that
contents from comms/rxtx and java/java3d are installed into JAVA_HOME (which
is then vendor dependent) correctly. If not installed, the JAVA_VENDOR
variable is not passed to the dependency as it is built, so it gets installed
in the wrong location. Is there a way to pass JAVA_VENDOR to dependencies or
a better way to handle that?
  java/java3d installs into a JAVA_VENDOR dependent directory but with its
PKGNAME, installing multiple copies into different JAVA_HOME paths is blocked
with the detection that the port is already installed even though it was a
different path/java version. Would it be more appropriate to change it to
allow multiple packages as is done with comms/rxtx ?
Thanks again,
Edward Sanford Sutton, III