Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:35:14 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86, german keyboard: make the comma key actually print a comma. How?

first of all, .Xmodmap is often found in your home directory. if you do
wish to make it site-wide (and don't care about having to do this every
time you reinstall or upgrade X), simply add:

xmodmap /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap

although i'd probably not make it a dotfile. ::)

a reinstall will clobber your /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc, but not
your Xmodmaprc.

check out xinit(1)... there's no reference to xmodmap in it.

your xmodmap syntax is correct though.

-Adam

--
"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."