Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:56:17 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bas <steendijk@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: krb5-realm.com

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 11:01:39AM +0100, bas wrote:
> isnt it a bad thing if every sshd on the world ends up contacting
> krb5-realm.com by default? is this also true for newer versions of sshd
> (with kerberos disabled)? i mean it may make the owners of
> krb5-realm.com powerful beings. sounds a bit .NET to me.

Well it could conceivably cause breakage (as described), but nothing
worse.  The krb5-realm.com domain administrator cannot possibly
leverage the situation in order to subvert authentication.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar@celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos