Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2021 12:24:43 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@gmail.com>
To:        Alastair Hogge <agh@riseup.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WITHOUT_PF breaks buildworld

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 19:05:35 +0800
Alastair Hogge <agh@riseup.net> wrote:

> On Sunday, 19 December 2021 6:47:23 PM AWST Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > Some recent change, probably in a .mk file, breaks builworld on HEAD
> > when WITHOUT_PF is enabled in src.conf.
>
> I have had to disable WITHOUT_PF since 2020-07-27, but probably earlier.

Hmm.  I did a successful buildworld a few days ago with WITHOUT_PF
enabled, so it's new breakge for me at least.

I don't enable pf in the kernel and don't need it in userland.

> > Disabling WITHOUT_PF results in a successful buildworld.
> >
> > The reported error is that netpfil/pf/pf.h can't be found.
>
> Some ports depend on that too.

It may not be a problem for ports.  Depends on where they look for
it.  The file is still there under /sys and /usr/include.

--
Gary Jennejohn