Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:36:24 -0500
From:      Tim Middleton <x@Vex.Net>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Cc:        Hye-Shik Chang <perky@i18n.org>
Subject:   Re: Zope 2.6.4 vs 2.7

On Monday 16 February 2004 17:07, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> Also I'm very curious about that Zope 2.7 is ready for Python 2.3
> or 2.2 even. ;-)

Yes, Zope 2.7 finally runs on python 2.3. This is one of the best reasons for
moving to zope 2.7!

2.7 is very similar to 2.6 functionally; but somewhat different in its install
layout. While you can install zope 2.7 "in-place" (more similar to 2.6), it
prefers to install itself more like a library, and then run from an
"instance" directory. It also now has a config file (zope.conf), and a
control program (zopectl).

> You would need to talk with nbm, the current maintainer about it
> before working on it.

I had some hopes the maintainer would be around here somewhere perhaps. (-:

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | I'd ha' been a better man all my life if
x@veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | I'd known there were things like this. (CSL)