Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:18:38 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mylex 160/170/352/2000/3000 driver available

I'm pleased to finally announce the first public BETA version of a new
driver for the current family of Mylex PCI-SCSI RAID adapters.  This
driver provides support for the following adapters:

 AcceleRAID 160
 AcceleRAID 170
 AcceleRAID 352
 eXtremeRAID 2000
 eXtremeRAID 3000

The driver can be found at
 http://people.freebsd.org/~msmit/RAID/index.html#mylex

Note that this version of the driver provides read/write support but no
status monitoring or management.

Thanks go to the folks at Mylex for their support and patience, as well
as to BSDi for funding development of this driver.  Thanks also to
Leonard Zubkoff, whose Linux driver allowed me discover and avoid a few
critical documentation errors which had blocked me for quite some time.