Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:21:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
To:        Tim Zingelman <zingelman@fnal.gov>
Cc:        FreeBSD STABLE discussion <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Install & Config discussion <freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: adjkerntz ain't running'

> > Alright, what's wrong? I sure like to know under what conditions will
> > adjkerntz fail to run? Should I even be concerned with adjkerntz?
>
> adjkerntz only runs if your CMOS (hardware) clock is set to local time, it
> is not needed if the CMOS clock is set to UTC.  'man adjkerntz' for
> details.  If /etc/wall_cmos_clock exists, adjkerntz will run, otherwise it
> will not.

Whew! That's certainly good to know. My previous impression by reading the
man page was that adjkerntz was some interface between CMOS clock and the
internal clock. I thought that's bit weird, but didn't thought about it
too much.

And the server is indeed in UTC in CMOS. Now I have to go change that
secondary server to UTC so I don't get confused...

------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------