Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 2010 08:27:38 -0500
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
To:        User questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Accessing Computer

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:12:28 -0500 Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> articulated:

> > Assume three computers.
> >
> > Computer 1 runs Windows with Putty installed
> > Computer 2 & 3 run FreeBSD
> >
> > Computer 1 runs Putty and creates a key that is installed on computer 2.
> > Computer 2 has a key that is installed on computer 3.
> >
> > If someone were to use computer 1 via Putty to access computer 2, would
> > they then be able to access computer 3? If so, how could I prevent it
> > from happening?
>
> You could prevent ssh connections from 2 -> 3 on port 22 via firewall.

I  am not sure if I am following you correctly. I frequently access
computer 3 from computer 2. If I block port 22 I will have to use
another on, correct? If I do enable another one, what is to prevent a
user on computer 1 from accessing computer 2 and then on to computer 3?

What I want to accomplish is making it impossible to access computer 3
from other than computer 2 and then only if computer two is not being
used as a slave from computer 1, or any other computer for that matter.

Probably what I want cannot be implemented; however, I thought I would
ask anyway.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny@hotmail.com