Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:29:12 -0400
From:      Carl Schmidt <carl@slackerbsd.org>
To:        Andrea Di Giovanni <digiovannia@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: login class trouble

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:22:07AM +0200, Andrea Di Giovanni wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have some trouble with login.conf,
>=20
> I set up a 'restricted' profile as follows:
>=20
[...]
>   :sessionlimit=3D3:\
>   :sessiontime=3D2h:\
>   :idletime=3D15m:\
>   :gracetime=3D3m:\
>   :warntime=3D5m:\
[...]
>=20
>  then I added a 'testuser' to my system with this login class.
>=20
[...]
>  but others directives like
>   :sessionlimit=3D3:\
>   :sessiontime=3D2h:\
>   :idletime=3D15m:\
>   :warntime=3D5m:\
>=20
>  doesn't work at all!
>=20
>  Infact I was able to open more then 3 ssh concurrent session for 'testus=
er'
> In these session I didn't send any keystrokes for up two hours
> and the session was still active without any warn message!
>=20
> Where is my mistake?
>=20
>  Tanks in advance
>=20
>  Andrea Di Giovanni
>=20

Well, this is a mostly useless response other than to mention that I had the
exact same problems. My setup was quite similar to what you have with regar=
ds
to the idletime, warntime, etc. I don't know for sure but it was mentioned =
me on irc a while ago that some things which claim to be available in the
manual page are not implemented. =3D/

I could be wrong about the implementation.
--=20
Carl Schmidt
Just like the pied piper led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes swaying to the symphony of destruction
http://slackerbsd.org/

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--