Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 18:43:30 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        john@starfire.mn.org (John Lind)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: BRL CAD

> Has anyone compiled BRL CAD for FreeBSD taht would care to share their
> experience with me?  I am getting a lot of grief from the "sysv" stuff
> that I do not understand why it is trying to use or compile at all.
>
> 		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
> E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417

I started a try to build it but the shells of brl-cad were so
ill behaving that I didn't get ahead. I'm still asking myself
what is so superior to 'cake' that it cannot be done by 'make'.

I started to make some changes to the .sh scripts so that it understands
a conditional FreeBSD but I never got very far with it.

Please answer via email so we can exchange our experience.

FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0: Wed Mar 22
04:54:59  1995     root@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386