Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 07:30:12 +1000
From:      lore <lore@phile.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fwd: Swapping between consoles and X]

> > I've got X running nicely now on my own box (after being so impressed
> > with FreeBSD
> > on the test box, I tossed Linux on mine). Afterstep is working well. But
>
> I'm slightly confused. Are you saying that 1) FreeBSD impressed you, so
> you installed something else, 2) you're being sarcastic, 3) or you tossed
> Linux to install FreeBSD? (No, I'm not a fanatic who thinks Linux sucks, I
> used to use it myself).

Eric

I just reread it and (even tho *I* knew what I meant at the time) it was very

much open to several interpretations. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I'm
really
impressed with RELEASE-3.1.

What I meant was I had Linux on my box, but I got rid of Linux (as in
tossed it out) and replaced it with FreeBSD.

I keep coming up with several temporary hitches in the way things are done
slightly differently - but usually I find the answers in the man pages or
that
absolutely indispensible tool - "The Handbook".

Cheers
Loren