Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:35:51 -0600
From:      Phusion <phusion2k@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help configuring qemu networking tap mode

I have qemu installed and have a guest os running Windows XP
Professional. The host os is FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE. I have the guest os
working with the default networking.

qemu -hda /data/qemu/winxp.img -m 256 -localtime -std-vga

I would like to get networking tap mode working. I have set the
following already.

# sudo cat /boot/loader.conf
if_bridge_load="YES"
if_tap_load="YES"

# sudo cat /etc/rc.conf
ifconfig_bfe0="DHCP"
cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
ifconfig_bridge0="addm bfe0 up"

For an example network that uses DHCP for 192.168.1.x, I would like to
have the guest os have an IP address (static or dynamic) in the same
range. Where do I make the necessary changes?

Phusion