Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 16:44:12 -0500
From:      Pete Nelson <pete.nelson@ci.stpaul.mn.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   binding inetd to a single interface

I've been searching for inetd documentation that goes beyond basic.
I've learned a lot of interesting things, most of which I didn't know
before, but I still haven't found the answer I'm searching for.

I've got a linux (sorry) box with several virtual webservers.  The
original plan was not to have a web server on the main interface, but
have that interface be the only one that responds to inetd services.  Is
there a way that I can tell inetd to bind to that IP, and not to the
rest of the virtual hosts?  What gets particularly annoying, my logs
show all services as going to the very last interface on the system, no
matter which IP you request.  Personnally, I'd really like my logs to
show the host that the user asked to connect to.

Any suggestions?

--
Pete Nelson
City of Saint Paul

 - the software said 'requires Windows95 or better',
      So I installed Linux.