Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:08:01 -0500
From:      "John S. Hermes" <jhermes@infoglobe.com>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Post install questions

Hello,

I installed 3.0-19990114-SNAP/alpha on my DEC PW433au today after failing
twice with 4.0-19990206-SNAP/alpha (cp, ls et al gave wierd parser errors
when invoked).

Anyway, I notice that the 3.0 SNAP install ignored my partition sizes and
made my / (root) 31Mb, instead of the 150Mb that I wanted.  Needless to say,
that makes that particular partition 96% full (ouch).  I'll install to da1
and boot there manually until I can relabel and format da0.  Does the
install program have hard-coded partition sizes?

The install program also did not detect my IDE CD-ROM (I hope the reason is
IDE CD-ROM support is not in GENERIC kernel), so I had to do a network
install (anybody need a custom burned SNAP CD?). Will the ATAPI option in
the kernel conf work for Alpha like it does for Intel?

Anybody with a tuned kernel config for a DEC PW433au, I sure would
appreciate a copy!

Thanks!

John Hermes              jhermes@infoglobe.com
Infoglobe, Inc.            (937) 225-9999 x317