Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:13:05 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "The Anarcat" <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ed0: device timeout when no interrupt

I doubt it.  Instead I suspect that the default IRQ that the card sets itself
to is something really stupid like IRQ 3.  The card obviously is pure plug and
play and when Windows PnP manager loads it reprograms the IRQ to whatever is
open.  But for whatever reason your system's BIOS is not programming the card.
Some BIOS's have a setting: PnP OS NO/YES you should set yours to NO and see
what happens.  Also, get that utility I was mentioning and run it under DOS
and see what it says.