Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:01:06 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Andrew J Caines" <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

However there's plenty of ISP's that will assign static IP numbers and put
in PTR records to them.

>The fact that I can post and my forward and reverse names are different
>seems to imply that maybe just having a reverse entry suffices.
>
>I trust that the data shows that this restriction has sufficient benefit
>to justify excluding users who through no fault of their own don't have a
>PTR.

If they are unable to work with their ISP to get the problem corrected then
perhaps they should blame the ISP who is the real cause of the problem.  Valid
PTR records are needed for other things than just sending mail, you know.
They
are part of the standard for a reason.