Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 20:00:53 -0100
From:      "Eilon Lipton" <yoe@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   The FreeBSD logo

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the correct address for this
question, so forward it if necessary.

I was wondering about legal issues regarding the demon logo of FreeBSD. Can
it be freely copied without prior consent of the FreeBSD organization? If
so, is an acknowledgement of FreeBSD required?

I am asking these quiestions because I have seen quite a number of sites
using the FreeBSD logo without mentioning in one place "FreeBSD."

A friend of mine was going through some sites and thought he recognized the
demon and asked me about it. THe web site is http://phlmich.nifs.ac.jp/w-req
uest.htm and doesn't strike me as the legallist of sites...

Thank you for your time,
Eilon Lipton
YOE