Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:17:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        Questions FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Elm and DES password problems

Over the weekend I finally upgraded from 2.2.8-Stable to
3.4-Release (I'll get to Stable soon). But I'm have a couple
of annoying problems.

1) I recompiled elm from Ports (version 2.4 ME+ PL61). And it
can't delete any messages from any mailbox! I hit delete and
it marks it 'D', but when I quit (q) or re-sync ($), it resets
everything and all the messages are back. So I compiled up again,
going through the Configure manually, and it does the same thing.

Next, I compiled up mutt and that works fine.

Any ideas.

2) I have DES passwords in /etc/master.passwd, and pop3 doesn't work
and tac_plus doesn't work. I have the DES package installed and scrypto
too. I know this is a simple one, but it's got me confused.

3) I only quickly tried to compile amanda 2.4.1p1 with the config I made
when I compiled it for 2.2.8 and that failed. I haven't tried again,
but has anybody got words of wisdom for this?

Thanks,
Paul.