Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:40:58 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        "J.A. Terranson" <measl@mfn.org>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: WD drivers: Gone completely in 5.x?

In the last episode (Sep 23), J.A. Terranson said:
> Just means that I am stuck at 4.8R from here on in.  So are a lot of
> other people...

I think if a lot of other people were still using the wd driver we'd
have heard about it.  GENERIC only has ata/ad, so I'd expect to see a
lot more "sysinstall can't write to my disk" questions.  I seem to
remember having problems with the da driver on my laptop back in 2000,
but that was a loong time ago, and I have quite a few other machines
running kernels from that era that have no problems at all.

If you actually have a bunch of machines that ata won't work on, maybe
you could ship one to Soeren and let him take a look at it?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com