Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:27:28 -0800
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@freebsd.org>
To:        Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: userland porting for sendmail

>> It turned up one compile time warning
>> (fixed for sendmail 8.12.3) and one problem.  The shared memory libsm test
>> core dumps (signal 12).  I believe I recall seeing shared memory hadn't
>> been implemented yet to this is of no big surprise.

tmoestl> It is not enabled in the sparc64 GENERIC, so I guess Mike's kernel was
tmoestl> built without it.

Yes, but even without kernel support, should a userland application die?  I
would have figured shmget() or the like would return -1.  I've actually
never tried doing this on an x86 FreeBSD box without SYSVSHM enabled.