Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:46:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org (Questions FreeBSD)
Subject:   CD-R

Hi,
	I have a Philips CDD2000 and a Yamaha CDR400t and am trying to
get them to be recognized by FreeBSD, with no luck.

	I started by just adding:
device worm0 at scbus?

to my config and rebuilding. But I when I try:

scsi -f /dev/rworm0.ctl -c "0 0 0 0 0 0"

I get:

scsi: unable to open device /dev/rworm0.ctl: Device not configured

BTW, nothing about worm shows up in messages, but both show up as
cds (the Yamaha is cd0 and the Philips is cd1).

So, then I poked around /sys/scsi/worm.c and added a line for the
Philips. Ok, well, the Vendor-id and model-id come up as
IMS and CDD2000/00, and that's what I added. It is a philips drive,
I've been using it on a Solaris machine for a couple of years.

Any ideas? Should this have gone to hackers?

Paul.

--
"Babe Ruth is dead. Throw strikes."
                                 - Earl Weaver