Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:28:08 GMT
From:      "J.Goodleaf" <john@goodleaf.net>
To:        "Alexander DiMauro" <alexdimauro@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newbie

This seems like a reasonable place to start.

You should begin, though, by describing the hardware you've got, which
versions of FreeBSD and XFree86 you're trying to install, and what you mean
by "crash."

 -John

Alexander DiMauro writes:

> I'm a newbie who is trying to install FreeBSD, but it keeps crashing at the XFree86 Setup part. I'm confused as to where to ask my question since I read that :
>
> Support questions should be sent to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.
>
> But when I sign up for that mailing list it says:
>
> "You should not send "how to" questions to the technical lists unless you consider the question to be pretty technical."
>
> So, where do I ask a "how to" about XFree86 Setup?
>
> Just wondering...

                               _____________________________
                               |        J. Goodleaf        |
                           / ) | Technology Coordinator    |