Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:00:19 GMT
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>, stable@FreeBSD.org, qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cputype=486

See my answer to Jim.  I MEANT to compile with a HOST system that has=20
-march=3Dpentiumpro executables, and compile a new world with CPUTYPE=3D=
i486=20
or=20
no CPUTYPE and expect the new code to run on the 486, correct method?=20

LER

On 3/12/01, 12:49:50 PM, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> wrote regarding =
Re:=20
cputype=3D486: