Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:39:35 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <520023893678-0001@t-online.de>
Cc:        "Scott R." <reverend@sfmidimafia.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple Samba Question(?)

# 520023893678-0001@t-online.de / 2002-09-25 21:32:31 +0000:
> A windows machine should be able to read and write its profiles
> to a directory called /usr/local/samba/profiles .
> This works ok for a user with root access to my samba server, but
> it ends up in "access denied" for any other user (they belong to
> a group called samba).
> How do I have to set up the permissions?

    I don't use this feature, and have no idea what could be causing the
    problem, sorry.

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > # reverend@sfmidimafia.com / 2002-09-25 00:04:08 -0700:
> > > I have a simple home network with one Windows XP machine and one
> > > FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE machine.  I am trying to set up a Samba
> > > share on the FreeBSD machine that the WinXP box can read/write to.
> > > I can get it to read the share, but I cannot seem to write to it.
> > > My config file is really simple:
> > >
> > > [global]
> > >         workgroup = MYWORKGROUP
> > >         netbios name = DRAGULA
> > >         security = SHARE
> > >
> > > [Shared]
> > >         path = /u1
> > >         read only = No
> > >         guest ok = Yes
> > >
> > > Every time I try to write to the share, I get an "Access Denied"
> > > error.
> >
> >     adjust permissions of the directory /u1 so that the user can
> >     write to it.
> - Did you disable windows' password encryption?

    i have samba serving files and a printer to several XP, one NT4 (or
    is it 5?), and one w98 box. samba is configured to require encrypted
    passwords, all the boxes work fine in this respect (you have to
    patch the registry for various reasons in various versions of
    windows, but this is not a problem)

--
begin 666 nonexistent.vbs
FreeBSD 4.7-RC