Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2000 09:55:19 -0700
From:      Wes Warner <ufodziner@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adaptec 2940uw with smp kernel on a bp6

I updated both the scsi card bios and my mobo bios to see if that helped
already.  I didn't get any improvement.  I currently am running
slackware and it runs fine both smp and the scsi card.  It works with
either 2.2.x or 2.4.test.x.  When I have scsi support enabled in the
kernel the machine only gives me the error message, it will not totally
boot.  I don't ever get a terminal, it just hangs.

                                       Thanks,
                                             Wes