Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:47:03 +0700
From:      Inu Wikantiyoso <inu@sby.centrin.net.id>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mixer errors (ess1868 sound card)

--------------6F3DA3B2C4631D16511DDB0B

Finally, I can make /dev/sndstat and /dev/mixer using "sh MAKEDEV snd0"
command. But my mixer still have errors :

SOUND_MIXER_READ_DEVMASK ioctl failed : Device not configured
SOUND_MIXER_READ_RECMASK ioctl failed : Device not configured
SOUND_MIXER_READ_STEREODEVS ioctl failed : Device not configured
SOUND_MIXER_READ_CAPS ioctl failed : Device not configured

and here's my kernel :

controoler      pnp0
controller      snd0
device  sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device  opl0    at isa? port 0x808

due to pnp device, here' my kernel.config :

pnp 1 0 enable os port0 0x220 port1 0x808 irq0 5 drq0 1
pnp 1 1 enable os port0 0x220

I wish somebody would like to help me because I want to move from Linux
environment as soon as possible (btw, I'm a musician, so I need this
device will work properly on FreeBSD)

TIA
--
Inu Wikantiyoso             | FreeBSD Headquarter
[unix, guitar and the cats] | http://www.freebsd.org

VoxWare Sound Driver:3.5-alpha15-970902 (Wed Aug  6 22:58:35 PDT 1997 Amancio Hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Config options:

Installed drivers: