Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:13:52 -0500
From:      Dany <dany_list@natzo.com>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unrecoverable error when opening a specific document

Hello,

Following Martin Blapp recommendation, I'm re-posting about this problem
(was in freebsd-current).  Some people have been able to open it some
other haven't (using a similar configuration).
For information, I got my OpenOffice as a binary package (compiled by a
gentleman from the mailing-list for the 5.2RC2).

I'm going to send a backtrace to Martin using :

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program
gdb /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program/soffice.bin

=====================================

The openoffice document is available at http://natzo.com/tips52-bug.tar
. It has been created under OpenOffice 1.1 on a Windows platform. I used
to be able to open it under FreeBSD 5.2RC2 but not anymore.

Just to make sure I rebooted with a Knoppix LiveCD and this time I was
able to open this file.

So to summarize :
- OpenOffice 1.1 / Win2K -> OK
- OpenOffice 1.1 / Knoppix 3.2 -> OK
- OpenOffice 1.1 / FreeBSD 5.2RC2 ->  ERROR

I thought it was a font problem (Arial and other M$ fonts) so I copied
the font directory from the windows machine into a new TrueType dir and
issued mkfontdir command from there.

As described on the Handbook I used the following to temporally enable
this new font dir.
% xset fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
% xset fp rehash

Now when I start OpenOffice and  create a blank document I can see the
new fonts.

So when I do :

cd /home/alpha/OpenOffice
./soffice

and open my tips52-bug.sxw file, the progress bar goes up to 100% and
then a popup window displays : "An unrecoverable error has occurred.
All modified files have been saved and can probably be recovered at
program restarts."

The console window shows :
crash_report : not found
Fatal exception : Signal 11
Stack:
Abort trap (core dumped)

I tried to load a previous version of this document and it worked under
FreeBSD. Only this one doesn't work !

PS: When I rebooted the first time using "shutdown -r now" I received a
: FATAL TRAP 9: general protection fault ... don't know if this is related.