Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2012 02:33:43 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Hugo Silva <hugo@barafranca.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, glebius@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CARP carpdev

On 14. Feb 2012, at 22:04 , Hugo Silva wrote:

> On 02/14/12 17:33, Freddie Cash wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Hugo Silva<hugo@barafranca.com>  =
wrote:
>>> Looks like there's been conversations about porting this to FreeBSD =
since at
>>> least 2007.
>>>=20
>>> Are there any plans to have ifconfig carpdev available in =
9.0-STABLE?
>>=20
>> CARP support has been redone in 10-CURRENT, removing the whole =
"carp0"
>> pseudo-interface support, and just enabling the CARP protocol on the
>> existing network interfaces. This includes the equivalent of =
"carpdev"
>> support.
>>=20
>> Search the -current archives for more information, CFT, and so on.
>>=20
>> I don't recall seeing anything about specific plans to MFC to
>> stable/9, but could be mis-remembering things.
>>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D228571
>=20
> The single IP limitation may be a problem in some locations..
>=20
> Did not find anything about a possible MFC either. glebius@ is cc'd, =
perhaps he can add something, but based on =
http://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/UPDATING, I don't think it's been =
MFCd (there's a primer for the new carp in current's UPDATING)\

There's no plans to MFC given it changes things significantly.

I however wonder if someone wants to provide a user branch in SVN to
provide regular patchsets for stable/9 and maybe even stable/8 (8.3R)
to help people not going to HEAD?

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!