Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:36:46 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>, Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org

That's pretty much my goal.  I'd like to discuss with others who are using
FreeBSD in different contexts, and gather the pertinent tuning information.
Having it in the Handbook is fantastic, but individually we are not able to see
all areas of tuning, or even all the effects of some tuning.  I would hate to
tune my FreeBSD box for NFS serving, and have it hose the http servicing (for
example), and publish it.  Kind of a "peer review" effect.

I would be willing to sponsor the list, and take care of the summarizing,
documentation, etc. Heck, that's the least I can do for the FreeBSD project.

Eric