Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:45:17 -0500
From:      "J.M. Warenda" <warendaj@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I'm probably overlooking something really stupid but...

    ...sometimes you need to just ask to see if you overlooked
something obvious.

    I'm running a FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE box as my natd gateway for my
home LAN and lately it's been reporting that /var is full ... df
reports it at 107% capacity but du doesn't reveal what's filling it up.

    I had once had apache fill /var because of some trojan trying IIS
attacks on my apache server, but I've since disabled Apache so, it's
not that! Only other things running are ftpd, telnetd, and sshd ...
plus ezbounce (so I can ident on EFNet from machines behind the
gateway), natd, and xchat under X.

    Any thoughts on what might be filling var?  I ran fsck -f and that
didn't reveal anything.

-John