Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 1995 08:04:30 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: Problems with this morning's sup

As Nick Sayer wrote:

> 2. After fixing that, a make world gets as far as half way through
> building libc, whereupon it crashes with this little bit of noise:
> /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c:80: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c: In function `ether_aton':
> /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c:92: storage size of `o' isn't known
> /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c: In function `ether_ntoa':

> If anayone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. If this was something
> warned of in current, then I'm sorry but I've only recently
> resubscribed.

Nope, Garrett didn't warn on -current.  I've only seen his commits of
the new mrouting code.  Looks like you first need to perform a ``cd
/usr/src/include; make install'' before compiling the lib.  ``make
world'' is supposed to always do it in the correct sequence, but it's
rather overkill.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/