Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:52:52 +0200 (EET)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Screen eating all CPU

Hi all!

I was just wondering what could be wrong with my screen. Just like many
other I would like to have it for IRC over SSH.

I installed screen on my 4.8 normally using pkg_add -r screen. I update
the ports tree with cvsup on regular basis and the version that got
installed was screen-3.9.13.

As soon as I start screen for a normal user the load starts to rise.
Slowly, but it will reach 1.00. I have run screen under Linux for serveral
years without problems - what could have I missed?

Best regards,

Johan Paul