Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2017 01:18:17 +0200
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Soulaymane Lamrani <saralfddin93@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        gecko@FreeBSD.org, Kurt Jaeger <pi@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Firefox problem with text hightlighting and scroll bar

Soulaymane Lamrani via freebsd-gecko <freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org> writes:

> Hi gecko,
> There seem to have a problem with my installation of
> Firefox-54.0.1_1,1. The problems appear when I run Firefox. It
> appeared with the latest update. I can't see the highlighting effect
> when I highlight text. And there is also with the scroll that does not
> show. The problem appears each time I installed Firefox from the
> package. So I installed the firefox-esr (52.2.1) to test and the
> problem does not appear. (I installed all my programs from the
> packages with pkgng, if it helps)

I can't reproduce inside a poudriere jail. Try to...
- change Gtk theme if non-default
- check highlighting is visible in other Gtk3 apps e.g., gtk3-demo.
- about:support -> Refresh Firefox (or rename ~/.mozilla)
- various X11 driver settings e.g., DRI, AccelMethod
- disable compositing manager and use simple or no window manager.
- clear X resources e.g., xrdb /dev/null

Better ask on gnome@, x11@ lists or upstream. I don't touch widget code.