Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:12:59 +0200
From:      Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, trhodes@freebsd.org
Subject:   [danger] broken libc.so on stable

Revision 1.48.8.1 of lib/libc/stdlib/Makefile.inc removed calloc.c from the=
 list
of the source files. As result, freshly built libc does not contain
calloc symbol,
that completely broke my stable box. The only solution for me was booting
from 6.0-RELEASE disc1 and copying libc.so.6 into /lib. After that, manuall=
adding calloc.c to the MISRCS in Makefile.inc and installing libc put
the system in order.

I suppose that this is simple MFC error. Please, correct it before big
havoc hit the
stable boxes !

Best regards,
Kostik Belousov