Date:      Mon, 22 May 2017 10:23:38 +0200
From:      Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>, Planetoid 128 <planetoid128@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: x11/mate

On Sat, 2017-05-20 at 23:32 -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Planetoid 128 <planetoid128@gmail.c
> om>
> wrote:
>

> > Hey man,look before I start my problems I mean to you no offence,so
> > the
> > mate version 1.18 was realesed and we are still on 1.12,so can you
> > upgrade
> > it please.
> >
> > Koop is pretty much single-handedly maintaining all Gnome ports.
> > This
> totals over a hundred ports. He recently updated a large number of
> the base
> ports on which Gnome, Cinnamon, Mate, and applications for all of
> them
> depend. I'm sure that he would really appreciate help, but until he
> gets
> it, I imagine that Gnome will e the first priority, Cinnamon second,
> and
> Mate bringing up- the rear. As a Mate user, I'd love to see Mate get
> more
> attention, but it is beyond my limited coding skills and I'm pretty
> sure
> that Gnome and Cinnamon are most popular.

Hi,

Like Kevin said, currently working on updating the Gtk+ / GNOME stacks
to the latest where ever possible. But MATE isn't forgotten, Eric
Turgeon has been doing a good job of submitting pull requests and we
got a mate-1.18 branch in our development repo. When the gnome work
slows down I will start looking at MATE.

Cinnamon is looking for volenteers, these ports are old. If someone is
interested in helping, I'm more then happy to make a branch in our
development repo where you can base you work off.

-Koop