Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:37:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      J McKitrick <jxm6801@megahertz.njit.edu>
To:        "Murrer, Peter" <p.murrer@jilka.de>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Information

Go to www.freebsd.org, and read the FAQ.  That should be enough to get you
started.  If you are just doing a report and briefly touching on FreeBSD,
that should be more than enough info.  There are plenty of other resources
at the official site which you can search.

In a nutshell, FreeBSD is Unix, and one of the best flavors as well.  It
excels as a file or webserver, and also offers a great deal of stability
for workstation use.  It isn't always easy to install (getting better) but
it is easy to maintain and very reliable.  Plus, we can emulate Linux and
several other versions of Unix to run their binaries as well.

-jm