Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 10:30:58 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Will L G <diskman@kc.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Similar problem with XFree86

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 11:37:03AM -0700, Will L G wrote:
> They told me 'not to bug them' but to take it to www.xfree86.org or some
> mumbo jumbo... My particular problem had to do with VGA16 not being
> supported but they told me it had to do with my mouse [;-)

Sounds like you did not understand my answer.  The "graphical" XFree86
configuration program -- XF86Setup program *requires* the VGA16 server.
This server does NOT build on the Alpha.  Not just FreeBSD/alpha, but
AlphaLinux and Tru86 also.

The issue with using the text-only xf86config is that it does not know
about moused's sysmouse.  Thus you either cannot use moused, or you must
hack the /etc/XF86Config file xf86config creates to specify sysmouse.