Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:09:27 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        James Allsbrook <jhead@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will not install FreeBSD

James Allsbrook wrote:
> I am having truoble loading freebsd on my computer. As I am installing my
> computer will freeze while the screen says "All File System information
> written correctly" right before the freeze the cdrom drive will will slow to
> a stop. And every time this happens I have to rerun the setup disks which
> takes 10 min. What is happening? How can it be fixed? Or is there a way to
> access the install program faster. Thank you.

You don't say anything about your hardware, but since you need the setup
disks and they take 10 minutes, I'm guessing it's somewhat older hardware.
You also don't state which version of FreeBSD you're trying to install.

Are you sure it's locked up and not just taking a while with something?
How long have you waited?  Try hitting ALT+F2 and see what that screen
says.
If that doesn't help you any, post details of your hardware as well as
the version of FreeBSD to the list.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies