Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 18:17:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioeserv.cioe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need tape help!

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, Steve Ames wrote:

> three :) that I can't make work for anything. I can't dump, tar or get
> amanda to play ball with it. Eventually they just lock up the whole
> machine. *sigh*

	can you send dmesg output and kernel config file.  what version
of the OS are you running?  the amanda server MUST USE mmap() calls.
dont try this with anything prior to 2.0.X

	i have used exabytes drives with my machine at work without ANY
problems.  so take heart ;)

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com	| Analysis & Technology, Inc.
						| 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.					| Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life	| 703-418-2800 x346