Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 18:14:12 -0500
From:      "Corigan" <corigan@mindspring.com>
To:        "Gene Bomgardner" <glbj@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DSL,PPPoE, Etc

I am running 3.4 and am using PPPoE as we speak.  Works real well.  What you
should do is go to the freebsd.org page and search the mailing lists for
PPPoE and it will show you exactly what to do.

Here is my /etc/options file
default:
 set device PPPoE:mx0
 set mru 1492
 set mtu 1492
 deny pap
 accept chap
 set speed sync
 set cd 5
 set authname blahblah@bellsouth.net
 set authkey <password>
 enable lqr
 set redial 0 0
 set dial
 add 0 0 HISADDR

and my /etc/ppp.conf file looks exactly the same.

I do a ppp -nat -ddial default and presto, your bound to tun0 and rocking..
hope this helps..

Matt Thomas