Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 05:49:10 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>, "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1011455737.3e0c77@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   lsof vs. fstat

On Monday 14 January 2002 11:21 am, Christopher Schulte wrote:

> Use lsof ( /usr/ports/sysutils/lsof ) and HUP only the listening sshd
> process.

Does lsof have some advantage over fstat?  I posted a while ago mentioning
lsof, which had been recomemnded to me by regular FreeBSD users, and somebody
here pointed out that fstat is in the base system.  It seems to do what I
used lsof for, so I just aliased lsof to fstat when I restaged my machine
recently.

Am I missing out on something or is fstat just not well-known?

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

-------> Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  (let him go home)  <-----------