Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 09:46:47 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, bde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kgdb / remote gdb of the kernel?

remote gdb over a local serial port would be just fine,  I think asking
for ethernet is way too much... if you want ethernet, you can always use
another PC or terminal server as a terminal server. :-)

Paul

  From: Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
  > What's the state of remote debugging of the kernel?  Is this code so old an
  > crufty that it's bitrotted beyond hope, or is anyone actually doing this to
>>day?

  I'm planning to rework kernel debugging in about a month's time.  If
  you have any opinions about what should go in, please let me know.  In
  particular, do you want debugging over Ethernet?

  Greg