Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 18:49:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still errors stopping audio CDs in current

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> Heh.  Well, it isn't what you think.  In this case, the kernel is retrying
> the command over and over again.  If I had to guess, I'd say that the drive
> is returning busy status.  In that case, we wouldn't get any sense
> information.
>
> I've attached a patch for camcontrol.c.  Can you try the above stop command
> using this patch?

Sure, here is the sequence of commands again, and assosciated output:
hope.winternet.com$ cdcontrol
cdcontrol: no CD device name specified, defaulting to /dev/cd0c
Compact Disc Control utility, version 2.0
Type `?' for command list

cdcontrol> p 6
cdcontrol> ^C
hope.winternet.com$ sudo camcontrol stop -v -n cd -u 0
Error received from stop unit command
CAM status is 0x20c, SCSI status is 0x28

> Good deal.  And, as I said above, the problem is that the kernel is
> retrying the command indefinitely.  The patch to camcontrol that I've
> attached will tell us exactly what error is returned.  Once I know that, we
> can try to decide what to do.

Does that give you enough information to go by?  Let me know if there is
anything else you need from me to figure this one out.  I decided to download
XFree86 3.3.3 tomorrow, since at this time I am limited to a 28.8 modem
connection.:)  Thanks for all the help!

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Storage Networking Group