Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2019 04:01:14 +0100
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@shaneware.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Blender 2.79 vs 2.80

I have just successfully compiled and launched Blender-279 from your
redports repo Shane! Mentioned previously problem turned out to come
from missing dependencies on a clean build machine, my mistake, sorry
:-)

Blender-279 requires OpenImageIO18 that is also provided in your redports.

Everything else is already in the ports tree.

Both Blender-279 + OpenImageIO18 and Blender + OpenImageIO (current)
works fine when installed next to each other, no files in conflict,
all have valid suffixes.

I have created packages for Blender-279 and OpenImageIO18 on one
machine, then transferred them to another machine where Blender
(2..80) was already installed, no problems, no conflicting files, both
works fine when installed next to each other.

We can add Blender-279 and OpenImageIO18 to the official FreeBSD Ports
Tree please? :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! YOU ROX SHANE! =)

Tomek

ps/2: I can see you are master wizard of 3D Graphics and FreeBSD
Ports, if you are interested in Blender 2.80 fork with BGE the project
is called UPBGE, here is my porting effort to build on FreeBSD:
https://github.com/UPBGE/upbge/issues/1081 :-)