Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:05:57 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@8ball.co.za>
To:        Cedric GROSS <cedric.gross@cnv.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Random Freeze

--=-v451LGqFZHtJahAdCC/m

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:41, Cedric GROSS wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm running an AMD Duron 700 Box with freeBSD 5.2.1 - RELEASE, and
> sometimes the system freeze so I must reboot. I haven't anything in log.
> So, What could be the problem ?=20
> How could I obtain some clue of the problem (debug flag, something like
> that..) ?
>=20
Hi,

Are you using any sort of traffic shaping( dummynet ) with ipfw ? Had a
similar problem and solved it by setting the timer granularity ( options
HZ=3D1000 ) in the kernel which is strongly recommended. The machine also
gave me no clue as to why it froze. Checking your memory as already
suggested is also a good idea. You can use the memory test located in=20
/usr/ports/sysutils/memtest86 which is a great tool. You might also want
to upgrade to the latest source for that particular RELEASE as bugs are
constantly found and corrected.

=20
Regards,
--=20
Nelis Lamprecht
PGP: http://www.8ball.co.za/pgpkey/nelis.asc
"Unix IS user friendly.. It's just selective about who its friends are."

--=-v451LGqFZHtJahAdCC/m

--=-v451LGqFZHtJahAdCC/m--