Date:      Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:21:51 +0200
From:      Laurent Fabre <fabre@matranet.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LaBrea for BSD

Ok what about two modes, one will acquire spare IP on the network, and
the other won't. Instead rules will be loaded from a config file (and
yep of course we need hooks, maybe the DHCPd log output could be
sufficient but i didn't look at it yet).

For the packet capture i insist we need something else than a socket
or libpcap based thing. Any suggestion welcomed. I was thinking about
adding a new device, still trying to figure out how he would behave
to speed up things a bit (One step is to limit memory allocation, the
other perhaps is to get rid of those filtering rules in the kernel
and make our dark magic in the user land instead, but maybe i'm wrong).

And last but not least, maybe should we found it a new name :)
--
#              Laurent Fabre                 #