Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:17:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Marshall <marshall@chezmarshall.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/38950: perforce Makefile doesn't do PORTREVISION correctly plus p4d update

>Number:         38950
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       perforce Makefile doesn't do PORTREVISION correctly plus p4d update
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
A mechanism to separate PORTVERSION and PORTREVISION for i386 and alpha was implemented some time ago, but it doesn't work properly when forming the package name. Regardless of what VERSION is in the i386 block, the package name will always be perforce-02.1,1 rather than (for instance) perforce-02.1_3,1.  Probably has something to do with package name being formed from macro _SUF1 rather than directly from PORTREVISION.  I suck at make.
>How-To-Repeat:
Fiddle with VERSION and see that the package name doesn't change.
>Fix:
This is such an embarrassing kludge, but I don't have enough familiarity with the ports makefiles to come up with anything better.  Just set _SUF to what we want it to be...  Patch to current ports/devel/perforce can be grabbed from http://www.chezmarshall.com/perforce.diff.txt.