Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 23:18:50 -0700
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Ian Vaudrey <ivaudrey@test.nemko.ltd.uk>
Cc:        "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@freebsd.scds.com>, FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/4118: New Port: bind 8.1.1

Ian Vaudrey wrote:

> Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> >
> > Justin M. Seger wrote:
> > >
> > > I was thinking about pulling in bind-doc, but I wasn't sure whether
> > or not it
> > > was worth the extra 1 MB download.  I suppose we could have a
> > separate bind-doc
> > > port....
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > Perhaps you should ask this in the documentation list, after all, the
> > place for BIND is the base distribution ;).
> >
> >         Pedro.
> >
> > > -Justin Seger-
>
> I would agree that the place for bind-8 is in the base distribution, and
> would hope to see it there as soon as possible. But what about all the
> existing FreeBSD installations?

$(PREFIX)/share/doc and as long as the conversion script is included
with the port, I don't think there will be problems.
What I'm saying is the documentation should either be forced with the
port or included in the base distribution as a step nearer to the final
adoption.

Pedro.

(BTW, my mail to Justin is bouncing badly :( )