Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 13:47:48 +1000 (EST)
From:      Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetchmail

My system is 2.2.8 from the Walnut Creek CDs, and I have been trying to
install fetchmail from the ports collection. It wants to be configured by
using:

		fetchmailconf

which, in turn, requires that tcl/tk be installed.  After doing all of
this, it then gets the error:

	ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libkrb.so.3.0"
	`fetchmail --configdump >/tmp/fetchmailconf.15596' run failure,
		status 256
	Unknown error while running fetchmail --configdump

If I run:

		ldconfig -r

I get:

	/var/run/ld.so.hints:
          search directories: /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib

Question: where is libkrb.so to be found?  I've done:

		find / -name "libkrb*"

and:

		ldconfig -r | grep libkrb

to no effect.  Any ideas would be welcome.  Thanks.

Rob Hurle
	Rob Hurle			     rob@coombs.anu.edu.au
	Connect-A			      Tel: +61 2 6247 2397
	PO Box 13			      Fax: +61 2 6248 8905
	Ainslie  ACT  2602		      Mobile: 0417 293 603
	Australia